Currently he exhibits three installations named LaocoÃ¶ns as a sequel to the exhibition “Passion at Work, Rodin and Freud, collectors” in the Rodin Museum in Paris.
Thus proving that this chair is stackable:-)
It folds back into Freud’s theories reinterpreted by his pupil Reich to explain libido…and the fact that Rodin sculpted his famous LaocoÃ¶n group…I must admit the finesses are lost to me, but it gave me an opportunity to share these photos with you.
Bossut created the threesome in 2005 and they are part of the Ginette Moulin and Guillaume HouzÃ© Collection.
I’m Sorry I catched only two of the three installations.
This Wicker Felt chair by Marc Newson is for sale at Phillip de Pury’s upcoming sale of tomorrow, see Lot nr 129. I am curious how much it will fetch at this sale at this side of the pond. The wicker version has the following track record at Christies:
- $3,360 at Christie’s Sale 1749, a mini house sale at New York, Rockefeller Plaza, 28 November 2006.
- $8,400 at Christie’s Sale 1733, important 20th century decorative art & design, in New York, Rockefeller Plaza, 19 December 2006.
- $9,600 at Christie’s Sale 1852, 20th century decorative arts and design (various owners), New York, Rockefeller Plaza, 5 June 2007.
- $11,250 at Christie’s Sale 1950, an important private collection of mid-20th century design, New York, Rockefeller Plaza, 26 September 2007.
- $5,000 at Christie’s Sale 1942, important 20th century decorative art & design, New York, Rockefeller Plaza, 18 December 2007.
Phillips de Pury’s estimate is Â£4,000-6,000
Update September 26, 2008:
The chair fetched Â£ 3,750 including 25 % buyers premium.
Marc Newson Felt Chair at Christie’s
Marc Newson is becoming a regular at Christie’s. On September 16, 2008 there is another Felt Chair on sale.
Estimated £6,000 – £8,000 ($11,250 – $15,000)
Sale 5340 interiors – 20th century edition
16 September 2008 London, South Kensington
MARC NEWSON (b. 1963)
FELT CHAIR designed 1989, limited edition 93/99, 2005, chromed steel and FRB
At this sale the Price Realized was: £6,250 ($11,219)
In March the same chair realized £10,625 ($21,091)
MARC NEWSON â€œEmbryoâ€ chair, ca. 1988 Neoprene, tubular steel, brushed aluminum. 31 in. (78.7Â cm) high Manufactured by IdÃ©e, Japan. Estimate: $10,000-15,000
Via Phillips de Pury & Company: MARC NEWSON, Embryo chair
Moved here from ChairBlog | Tumblr on October 22, 2009
Komed Chair in Yellow by Marc Newson at Phillips de Pury & Co
And in green
Each estimated at $15,000-20,000
Moved here from ChairBlog | Tumblr on October 25, 2009