There are 2 models of armchairs by Dutch Architect Karel de Bazel on auction at Venduehuis The Hague.
Lot 2 (first photo):
K.P.C. de Bazel (1869-1923)
A pair of easy chairs
Estimate: €600 – 800
and lot 5 (second photo) with an estimate of € 250 – 350.
Update: Lot 2 was sold for Euro 750.-, Lot 5 for Euro 575.-
This Rocking Armchair by Gio Ponti will be on auction October 10, in The Hague at the Venduehuis:
Gio Ponti (1891-1979)
Rocking chair, ‘50s
Estimate € 6,000 – 8,000
Italian walnut, rubber and upholstery, H 94 cm
Update: Not Sold!
Early Gustave Stickley Bench at Treadway Toomey Galleries
Acrylic Stool by Shiro Kuramata at Phillips (the Pury & Company)
Mitak Chair by Christian Astuguevieille at Wright Auctions
Chair Auction Season is Open!
Traditionally when autumn is there, several chair auctions, at least auctions where they offer a reasonable number of chairs, are scheduled:
- September 15, 2012: Treadway Toomey Galleries:”20th Century Art and Design” in Oak Park, Illinois.
- September 27, 2012: Phillips the Pury & Company: Nordic Design Auction in London.
- September 27, 2012: Wright: Living Contemporary in Chicago.
- October 1, 2012: Bonhams, 20th Century Decorative Arts in Los Angeles.
- October 2, 2012: Christie’s Interiors in NYC.
- October 2, 2012: Christie’s Interiors in London.
- October 7, 2012: Lama’s 20ieth Anniversary Auction in los Angeles.
- October 10, 2012: The first Design Auction at the Venduehuis The Hague. I’m thrilled because its a first, its around the corner from where I live and it features almost only chairs!
- October 16, 2012: Phillips the Pury & Company: Moss Gallery curated auction “Dialogues between Art and Design” in NYC.
More to come. Stay tuned!