By using this website, you consent to cookies being placed on your computer or other internet browsing device.
Anyone reading this blog or commenting on this blog or using it otherwise implicitly agrees to these rules of engagement, regardless of whether they have been read or not.
This blog is published in the Netherlands and as such is only subject to the law of The Kingdom of The Netherlands in Europe. No other law, neither any other forum of law than competent courts in The Kingdom of The Netherlands in Europe will be accepted.
From its start Chair Blog is published in the English language by a Dutchman whose native language is Dutch. With the addition of editors with native lanuages a Taiwanese (Chinese) and Russian we even may have enhanced the chance of language and spelling errors. We try to adhere to the American spelling habits of the English language. Hence it is very well possible that we makes errors both in language and in spelling, because we have not enough knowledge of the English language. We apologize in advance for such errors, but don’t accept responsibility for such errors except to the extent we refuse expressly to adjust errors within a reasonable time after being put on notice.
Also a caveat that both in the past and in the future the blog used and will use plugins that automatically translate content of the blog into other languages than the English language. As those translations are and will be computer generated translations by third parties, the publisher doesn’t accept any responsibility of possible negative consequences.
Unless indicated otherwise the publisher does not get paid for this blog.
The fact that this blog links in posts or pages to a certain website or photo or picture or other material does not mean that the blog or its author(s) condone(s) any statement or activity by the website, photo, picture or material linked to.
The site owner retains the full right to moderate, adjust, delete from, add to, or otherwise edit any comment at his sole discretion and to remove any comment including, but not limited to, comments that contain:
- Personal attacks or insults.
- Material which defames (slanders), abuses or threatens others.
- Statements or implications that are bigoted, hateful or racially offensive.
- Material that advocates illegal activity or discusses illegal activities with or without the intent to commit them.
- Material with the sole intent of eliciting negative responses (flaming).
- Rumors concerning the private lives of those who comment or of other persons, when such knowledge is not public record. This includes a person’s academic, vocational, financial status and other private matters that should not be discussed in public.
- Baseless criticisms. Constructive criticisms is in principal acceptable, but general criticism of applications, organizations, or persons will not be tolerated, particularly individual persons.
- Excessive numbers of comments.
- “Pot-stirring,” or trying to be the center of controversy. If the comment is made in a fashion that otherwise abides by these Rules of Engagement, but which may raise the ire of the readers.
- (Links to) Unauthorized copyrighted material, including such items as scans of copyrighted material or posts of subscription-based web articles/forums.
- Material that contains vulgar, obscene or indecent language or images, including posting vulgar words with characters or abbreviations implying such language or images.
- Religious profanities.
- Links to or embedded pictures that are not tolerable or links to or embedded sites that are not tolerable. Other suggestive pictures and links to inappropriate web sites may also be deleted.
- Advertising or any form of commercial solicitation. This includes links to commercial web sites posted by individuals who are affiliated with said web site and are seeking to direct traffic to their web site from this blog.
- Links to websites when a link link is not required for the discussion.
- Content that is off topic.
- Content the author simply does not like.
Comments which violate the above terms will be deleted upon discovery without warning or discussion.
All rights are reserved.
However, this blog is about sharing information.
I surf the internet and share what I find with my readers. I may use photo’s or pictures that belong to other people or organizations. I always try to link back to the source.
Likewise I expect from other people using material on this website that they give us a proper credit via a link back.
If for one or another reason you feel I have infringed on your rights, please do contact me.
My usual reaction is to delete the respective material from the blog following a reasonable request.
These rules of engagement may be adjusted from time to time.
If you would like to comment to these rules of engagement, please do so via the same contact page.
Last edited by Guido J. van den Elshout on June 12, 2012 at 1:39 AM