Early Gustave Stickley Bench at Treadway Toomey Galleries
Acrylic Stool by Shiro Kuramata at Phillips (the Pury & Company)
Mitak Chair by Christian Astuguevieille at Wright Auctions
Chair Auction Season is Open!
Traditionally when autumn is there, several chair auctions, at least auctions where they offer a reasonable number of chairs, are scheduled:
- September 15, 2012: Treadway Toomey Galleries:”20th Century Art and Design” in Oak Park, Illinois.
- September 27, 2012: Phillips the Pury & Company: Nordic Design Auction in London.
- September 27, 2012: Wright: Living Contemporary in Chicago.
- October 1, 2012: Bonhams, 20th Century Decorative Arts in Los Angeles.
- October 2, 2012: Christie’s Interiors in NYC.
- October 2, 2012: Christie’s Interiors in London.
- October 7, 2012: Lama’s 20ieth Anniversary Auction in los Angeles.
- : The first Design Auction at the Venduehuis The Hague. I’m thrilled because its a first, its around the corner from where I live and it features almost only chairs!
- October 16, 2012: Phillips the Pury & Company: Moss Gallery curated auction “Dialogues between Art and Design” in NYC.
More to come. Stay tuned!